Do you think you have what it takes for college soccer? Join us for some fun on the field. We can’t wait to build our soccer program with you!
Date: June 13 and June 27, 2021
Time: 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Location: Denmark Technical College Gym, 1126 Solomon Blatt Boulevard, Denmark, SC 29042
Price is FREE
Anyone on of off Facebook
Hosted by: Denmark Technical College
Date: June 19, 2021
Location: Ness Sports Complex, Bamberg, SC
Time: 12:00 – 3:00 p.m.
Children all ages are welcome to come play Kick Ball with Law Enforcement (Bamberg Sheriff Department and Bamberg Police Department)
FREE: Hot Dogs, Drinks and Chips
Come out and have a great time.
Sponsored By: Bamberg Legal, LLC
Join us at Saltcatcher Farms for a full-day workshop on food safety & market opportunities with a chance to hear from five speakers. Topics include:
- Kim Butz, CFSA, will cover GAP 101and the step-by-step approach to farm food safety and certification.
- Brooke Horton, SCDA, will explain FSMAand help you determine if you are covered or qualify for an exemption.
- Jim Johnson, SCSU Small Business Development Center, will speak about business planningfor startup or expansion as well as funding and cost-share programs that you may be able to take advantage of for your farm.
- Rob Last, Clemson Horticulture Extension, will talk about Extension programsfor both the farm and the community.
- David M. Collins, a local farmer, will demo the Grillo walk-behind tractorand talk about the potential of biochar as a soil amendment.
- We will wrap up our day with Stephanie Jones, manager of Saltcatcher Farms, who will share her experience with GAP certification. We will get a tour of the farm and learn about all the great things that their community teaching center & gathering space has to offer.
Registration Details: 20 attendee max. Registration closes June 13. $20 CFSA Members. Includes lunch.
This work is supported by Food Safety Outreach Program grant number 2019-70020-30351 from the USDA National Institute of Food and Agriculture
To reply only to Sender, choose Reply. To reply to the group or to post a new message to the group, place the listserve address firstname.lastname@example.org in the To box of your message.
Date: June 14th – July 30th
Location: On the railroad berm in front of Piggly Wiggly
Stroll by and enjoy a fun picture book about two friends who enter a talent show and learn a very important lesson along the way.
After reading Macca & Al’s story, stop by the library to sign out guest book, pick up a small prize, and register to win a special GRAND PRIZE!
This event is a part of ABBE Regional Library System and Bamberg County Public Library’s Summer Reading Program.
For more Summer Reading information, visit: abbelibsc.readsquared.com and find ABBE Summer Reading on Facebook
The Bamberg County Chamber of Commerce’s June 12th paddle trip is a month away, but we are already making plans so we will have another successful day on the South Fork. You can help by preregistering at least 3 or 4 days before June 12th and on June 12th sign in as soon as you arrive at Ness Landing and sign out as soon as you get to Bobcat Landing.
Date: Saturday, June 12, 2021
Time: 9:00 am – Meet at Ness Landing (with your gear unloaded & be ready to shuttle)
Location: Ness Landing is on Hwy 70 (Binnicker Bridge Rd.)
- This is an 8 mile paddle on the South Fork.
- To paddle register with Jerry Bell
- Email: email@example.com
- Text: (803) 300-1972 (leave the names and hometowns for all paddlers you are registering)
- You will need to bring your own boat & gear (life jacket & whistle are required by law)
- To rent a boat & gear contact Cope Kayak Company, (803) 614-9836
- Shuttle service will be provided for monthly Chamber River Trips
- Donations accepted, $10 recommended
- Camping & Cabins Available at:
- Edisto Birdhouse Refuge (near Branchville), call (803) 535-2430
- Barnwell State Park (near Blackville)
Sponsored by: Bamberg County Chamber of Commerce
Join our Community Parade for Denmark Olar High School Class of 2021
Date: June 10, 2021
Location: Denmark Olar High School
Time: 5:30 p.m.
Bring your cars, bring your gifts, bring the noise, and let us show our graduates some love.